Empty pockets

I was involved in a small fender bender today. I don't think i was totally at fault, but i was ticketed with failure to yield right of way, which is a moving violation. This is my second moving violation in a year. Is there anything i can do to fight this? Is it at all possible to clear my dac? After the insurance company picks this up, will i loose my job? I sure am worried and could use some answers. Any feedback would be a huge help. Thank you kindly.


Comments for Empty pockets

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Dec 09, 2011
empty pockets
by: Anonymous

Here is my 2 cents on the situation. First off the other guys advice is correct you get a lawyer. Here is my advice to you and anyone else that listnes ALL WAYS. HIRE A LAWYER AND FIGHT ANY TICKIT YOU GET! I have a clean driving record but does that mean I haven't got any tickits? HELL NO truth be known I've. Had 5 tickits in the las 5 years and not one of them went on my record. Next concern of mine is why did the officer write a tickit? Cops cannot write tickits on anything they did not witness. They can write a report and state any facts they may have learned from evidence and witnesses and the insurance companies then decide fault sometimes it goes to a court to decides but unless that officer witnessed the accident that tickit is beatable in court. Also most likely it will go on DAC regaurdless because your company will probably report your involment regaurdless of outcome.

Dec 08, 2011
by: Bill

The best advise I can give you is to get an attorney on fight the ticket. If you are found innocent the ticket will not go on you DAC report.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask a Trucker.